The 31st Annual International University for Graduate Studies
Residency & Graduate Seminar
Friday, June 30th through Saturday, July 8th 2017
Located at the Evergreen Hotel, Castle Comfort, Roseau,
Commonwealth of Dominica, West Indies
The Graduate Seminar at the nine-day Residency is required for doctoral candidates. For students seeking other degrees, CEUs, or certifications the Residency is optional
The Residency provides a learning environment in which candidates, faculty, and administrators make academic, professional, and personal connections. Many candidates, as well as faculty and alumni, bring families and friends to share this experience. The Residency is open to other professionals and academics who want participate in a professional-level learning opportunity and in certain instances earn CEUs or certificates.
This year the nine-unit module 40.5 hour Graduate Seminar will include round table discussions, student participation in identifying current publications, awareness of evidenced based practice/relevance, data and trends, and transfer of learning plan in the following areas of learning:
- Medical Co-Morbidity and Mental Illness, Parts I & II: Dr. Stephen Daniel
- Integrative approaches to Primary Care and Behavioural Healthcare Parts I & II: Dr. Stephen Daniel
- Ethics in Professional Practice: Dr. Judith Balcerzak
- Mobbing (Bullying): Recognizing, Treating, and Preventing Workforce Emotional Abuse: Dr. Judith Balcerzak
- Psychopharmacology: Dr. Judith Balcerzak
- Organizational Development – Applied Case Study: Dr. Daniel Jordan
- Public Health: Myths and Realities/Prevention in Public Health: Dr. Daniel Jordan
- Research Methods/Human Subjects Protections: Dr. Stephen Daniel and Dr. Daniel Jordan
- Research Ethics: Dr. Stephen Daniel and Dr. Daniel Jordan
The format of the Graduate Seminar is interactive, where candidates research and discuss up-to-date journal articles that are relevant to their own research topics, lectures, and transfer of learning plans along with their professional and academic interests.
Click here for accommodations and reservation information concerning the 31 Annual International University for Graduate Studies Residency & Graduate Seminar located at the Evergreen Hotel in Dominica,
Cap & Gowns
The following will provide you with the information you require regarding the ordering of caps and gowns for the graduation ceremony.
The telephone number for ordering your cap and gown is (800) 456-7623. You can call between the hours of 8:15 a.m. and 5:00 p.m. EST. Ask for the customer service person that handles the International University for Graduate Studies account # 013435.
The majority of our graduates order the Souvenir outfit which includes the gown, tam, and hood. The cost of the Souvenir outfit is $85.00. This garment is preferable as it is made from a lighter weight material. Please let the order person know which program you are graduating from so the appropriate colors can be chosen for your garment.
Also available is the Academic Regalia which is a heavier garment. The cost of the academic regalia runs between $400-800/outfit.
Shipping charges are $15.95.
Turn around time is aproximately three to four weeks.