Designed for professionals with diverse educational backgrounds
and experience, programmes at IUGS are structured to meet the needs of
qualified people seeking to complete their formal credentials.
By combining English and American graduate education models, practicing professionals who have accumulated substantial post baccalaureate coursework now have the opportunity to expeditiously earn their master’s or doctoral degrees and certifications through blended pathways.
Many students have completed their required coursework, but have not completed their dissertation or thesis. Others have accumulated ample graduate credits, but have not taken the required courses to earn their degree. Still, others have taken the required courses, but have found these courses were not accepted for transfer.
IUGS accepts for transfer all relevant post baccalaureate coursework earned at accredited institutions, including approved continuing education, licensing and certification coursework prior to or after admission.
At International University for Graduate Studies you may pursue one of two pathways to earn your doctorate. The Professional Doctorate or the Doctor of Philosophy (PhD).
The Professional Doctorate focuses on applying your research acquired from your clients to provide techniques to enhance your practice. The PhD is a degree focused on original research, data analysis and the evaluation of theory and the research of others.
Both the PhD and the Professional Doctorate offer opportunities to serve your clients. Both allow the opportunity to teach at institutions of higher education.
Since most candidates are mid-life professionals, they are acknowledged as peers and are respected for their career, personal, and scholastic accomplishments. The traditional professor-student relationship is replaced with academic and professional fellowship. A bonding among the candidates, as well as between the candidates and the professors, is developed and continues beyond graduation.
The University was founded in 1979. It is a licensed University with the power to grant degrees. IUGS has received various accreditations since it was established forty years ago. IUGS has earned academic and professional recognition and approval from public and private organizations. Every professor is a practicing professional who has earned at least one doctorate. Therefore, academic and practical knowledge is integrated into the IUGS learning experience.
“I believe that academic territorial barriers that prohibit the transfer of coursework from one institution to another inhibits the credentialing of many qualified students. To serve these mature professionally accomplished individuals who have accumulated substantial post baccalaureate coursework, International University for Graduate Studies has created an academic model which allows the earning of graduate degrees at a lower sacrifice of time and money as compared to the alternatives.”
Benjamin Brucker Weisman, PhD
International University for Graduate Studies Believes
- A need exists for graduate degrees that are affordable, are individually paced, possess academic integrity and allow doctoral and master’s candidates to continue to meet their other obligations.
- All relevant post-baccalaureate credits from accredited institutions should be accepted for transfer.
- Most post-baccalaureate credits required for licensing and certification should be accepted for transfer.
- Graduate students should have the right to take post-baccalaureate coursework at various institutions that serve their professional and personal objectives.
- Graduate students seeking degrees should be required to take, or to have previously taken, the traditional number of post-baccalaureate credits required by major universities.
- Graduate students should be individually recognized and respected for their professional and academic accomplishments.
- Students with professional maturity and relevant life experience are the best candidates to pursue graduate studies.