Accreditation and Affiliations
IUGS was founded in 1979 and has been accredited since the mid 1980’s. Accreditation from a sovereign country is the highest form of accreditation. The Commonwealth of Dominica, an independent country that is a member of the British Commonwealth of Nations granted accreditation to IUGS on June 18th, 2015.
The University operates under a permit from the Ministry of Education and Human Resource Development of the Commonwealth of Dominica.
IUGS is accredited by the National Accreditation Board of the Commonwealth of Dominica.
IUGS is an institutional member of the Association of Caribbean Higher Education Administrators (ACHEA) and co-hosted the 2005 annual conference with the Federation of the Country of St. Kitts and Nevis.
IUGS is an approved education provider offering seminars, that have been reviewed and accepted for continuing education hours by NAADAC, the Association for Addiction Professionals as well as other certifying and licensing boards.
In Addition, The University Has Had:
- Approval for tuition reimbursement and payment from major U.S. hospitals, unions, government agencies and private institutions;
- Co-sponsored continuing-education programmes with the U.S. and International Certification, Licensing Agencies and Organizations;
- Approval for tuition reimbursement for candidates employed by North Shore Long Island Jewish Health System, which has 38,000 employees in New York State;
- Approval for tuition reimbursement for candidates employed by Johns Hopkins University Hospital;
- Approval for tuition reimbursement for candidates employed by Union 1199, Human Health Services;
- Our courses recognized by the International Certification & Reciprocity Consortium, The IC&RC has set the International standards for competency-based certification programs through testing and credentialing of addiction professionals since 1981 and is the largest credentialing organization in the field.
. . . .