Accreditation and Affiliations
International University for Graduate Studies (IUGS) was founded in 1979 and was initially accredited in the mid 1980’s. Accreditation from a sovereign country is the highest form of accreditation.
The University operates under a permit from the Ministry of Education and Human Resource Development of the Commonwealth of Dominica.
IUGS is accredited by the National Accreditation Board (NAB) of the Commonwealth of Dominica.
In Addition, The University Has Had:
- Approval for tuition reimbursement and payment from major U.S. hospitals, unions, government agencies and private institutions;
- Co-sponsored continuing-education programmes with the U.S. and International Certification, Licensing Agencies and Organizations;
- Approval for tuition reimbursement for candidates employed by North Shore Long Island Jewish Health System, which has 38,000 employees in New York State;
- Approval for tuition reimbursement for candidates employed by Johns Hopkins University Hospital;
- Approval for tuition reimbursement for candidates employed by Union 1199, Human Health Services;
- Our courses recognized by the International Certification & Reciprocity Consortium, The IC&RC has set the International standards for competency-based certification programs through testing and credentialing of addiction professionals since 1981 and is the largest credentialing organization in the field.
- Approval as an education provider offering seminars that have been reviewed and accepted for continuing education hours by NAADAC, the Association for Addiction Professionals as well as other certifying and licensing boards.
- Institutional membership of the Association of Caribbean Higher Education Administrators (ACHEA) and co-hosted the 2005 annual conference with the Federation of the Country of St. Kitts and Nevis.
IUGS entered into an articulation agreement with Brainspotting® in January, 2018.